Investing in the Right People.
JWF Industries provides in-house training for all new hires and continuing education of current employees.
The training area is a multifaceted state-of-the-art training facility at the Iron Street location. The systematic, all-encompassing welding training program provides individual welders the opportunity to obtain certifications associated with the state-sponsored apprenticeship program.
Employees are admitted to the welding school based on crew leader recommendations, training needs of JWF Industries, and new product lines. Every new hire and co-op student must complete welding school and pass basic welding certifications such as GMAW-carbon steel and 1G position.
High School Junior Students
Each spring, JWF Industries interviews high school juniors that are currently enrolled in a state-approved welding program at one of the area vocational schools. Once selected, the welding students are required to participate in a four or five week in-house training program. This training program is convened at our state-of-the-art training classroom located at the Iron Street facility. Each junior welding student must pass welding certifications prior to transitioning to a production position in our main facility. If interested in this program, students should discuss with their high school co-op adviser.
JWF Industries Welding School
- Systematic training process that evaluates individual welding performance
- Develop / enhance a strong skill set for employees to maximize potential and grow in a welding career
- Receive advanced welding training on specific welding positions
- Consistency in training results in standardization for quality products
- No cost to current employees enrolled in the program
- Pay incentives tied to passing specific welding certifications associated with three apprenticeship levels – production, fabrication, and lead
- Innovation as we learn and grow together