JWF Industries is pleased to provide paid summer internships opportunities for local collegiate students seeking to expand education and experience in a corporate setting.
Current positions available for:
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Marketing Communications
- Mechanical Engineering
- Project Managers
- Quality Engineering
- Robotic Engineering
- Safety Engineering
- Supply Chain Management
- Workforce Development
Interested students must apply online (link above) to be considered for an interview in a specific field of study. General applications will not be routed for consideration. No phone calls, please.
February 1, 2021 – Applications open online for interested candidates to apply
March 1, 2021 – Application submissions close
March 23-25, 2021 – Intern interviews will be held one evening this week at JWF Industries – 84 Iron Street, Johnstown, PA
March 25 – April 1, 2021 – Offers made to selected candidates
April 9, 2021 – Deadline for selected interns to accept offered summer position
June 7, 2021 – Tentative start date for summer internship program
- Enrolled in a collegiate program, at least freshman status; or enrolled in a technical program in specific field of study.
- Available to work 8 am to 4 pm during summer months. Supervisor may provide additional flexibility to schedule.
- Ability to perform required tasks and responsibilities of internship position.
- Selected interns must pass a background check, drug screen, and complete a physical before starting program.
- Submitted applications will be reviewed by internship preceptor for each field of study.
- All candidates will be notified if an interview is being offered.
- Candidates who are offered an interview will be provided a specific date and time for an interview session at the Iron Street location.
- Interview session will include all candidates and include one-on-one interviews with preceptors, a tour of the facility, and opportunity to talk with company executives.
- Selected interns will be notified within one week of interview process and have two days to accept the position offered. If response is not provided within two days, offer will be made to next candidate.
Safety for Interview Session
- Internship candidates should dress professionally for interview.
- For safety, no open-toed shoes are permitted.
- Candidates will be provided a hard hat, safety glasses, and hearing protection for facility tour.
- Safety guidelines will be explained during group session.
Internship Expectations and Guidelines
- Interns are expected to adhere to corporate and department-specific policies and procedures.
- Internships are part-time, minimum of 24 hours per week
- Interns are paid weekly on a tiered scale based on level of collegiate experience:
- Going into senior year = $16 / hour
- Going into junior year = $14 / hour
- Going into sophomore year = $12 / hour
Questions or Concerns
Workforce Development Coordinator
(814) 539-6922, ext 291