JWF Industries is pleased to welcome ten college interns to its team for the summer. The students will work for JWF Industries at the company’s Iron Street and Cramer Pike locations through August 2020.
This summer’s interns include:
- Mikayla Ball is a Junior at University of Pittsburgh – Main Campus, Accounting
- Justin Bulas is a Senior at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Safety Engineering
- Jake Driskel is a Senior at University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown, Mechanical Engineering
- Joe Duppstadt is a Junior at University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown, Computer Science
- Kady Lohr is a Junior at Juniata College, Information Technology
- Ryan Oldham is a Senior at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Supply Chain
- Nick Peretin is a Junior at University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown, Mechanical Engineering
- Richard Phillips is a Junior at Dayton University, Quality Engineering and Processing
- Easton Shetler is a Junior at University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown, Mechanical Engineering
- Julianna Wright is a Senior at Mount Aloysius College, Business – Marketing
“The purpose of our organization is to help our people to succeed,” said William Polacek, President and CEO of JWF Industries. “Part of that purpose is helping students gain experience in their areas of study, and allowing them to explore various opportunities within a company.”
Interns at JWF Industries work closely with their supervisors on projects, attend meetings, and participate in daily activities within the organization. “This is a very hands-on internship experience,” said Polacek. “Our interns help to solve problems, think critically, be creative, and offer their insight. They are directly involved in the work we do each day.”
While many companies decided to eliminate their internship programs due to COVID-19 concerns, JWF Industries modified its schedule to ensure these students gained experience essential to their education and professional development. “We pushed our start date back from May to June,” said Polacek. “All interns will follow our COVID guidelines and protocols to ensure everyone’s health and safety.”
JWF Industries offers summer internships each year. Students interested in summer 2021 internship positions can submit an application in December 2020 at jwfi.com.
JWF Industries designs, manufactures, and integrates metal centric products to follow its mission of growing with the right people, the right processes, the right markets, and the right customers. The company has annual operating sales over $120 million, encompasses over 1.1 million square feet of manufacturing space, and employs over 450 professionals in Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, and Texas. JWF Industries is headquartered in Johnstown, Pennsylvania. Learn more about JWFI Industries at jwfi.com.